Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday 11/22 (10 days left)

Just got back- the plan was that I was gonna work 6-12 (I arrived there with my bags in tow, directly from the airport) but luckily we were overstaffed and I got to leave. To North Campus!
I arrived to find Betsy alone in the Arch studios. Our priority was to ready the panels for stringing on ribbon and painting, which required that we somehow make holes in the top and bottom of each panel and then rinse them clean. Also some of them haven’t been sanded so we need to try and get them done by Wednesday, when the wood shop closes for the weekend.
Betsy and I figured out that the best way to punch holes in the panels would be to poke through them with a hot object, so we cut some copper pieces out of some scrap Betsy had, mounted them in spare handles we found in the metals studio, and then heated them over a blowtorch and poked them through each panel once they were hot enough. We didn’t get a ton of them done, unfortunately, but there was some time yet (and a Heat & Mass Transfer exam in two days).

No comments:

Post a Comment